Celebrate public health heroes on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023
Every year on the Monday before Thanksgiving, APHA, Research!America and leading public health organizations take time to recognize public health professionals who work tirelessly to protect the health of all people and all communities.
Join us in saying thank you:
- Learn how to get involved in Generation Public Health, APHA's movement to create the healthiest nation in one generation.
- Visit Research!America for tools and resources you can use to honor your public health heroes.
- Give a special shoutout to your favorite public health professionals on social media using the resources below.
Thank you from APHA leadership:
Watch videos from APHA leaders thanking members for volunteering their time in support of the Association:
Hope Rollins, immediate past Executive Board chair
Social Media Toolkit:
Share one of these messages or write your own, and include one of the graphics below. Be sure to use #PHTYD in every post.
- Sending a massive thank you to everyone who works to protect and advance public health. Your efforts save lives. Happy Public Health Thank You Day! #PHTYD #PublicHealthHeroes
- Our nation’s ability to live healthier, longer lives rests on our commitment to supporting public health initiatives and the individuals who carry them out. #PHTYD is an opportunity to express gratitude and show support to the #publichealthworkforce.
- The sheer number and complexity of public health challenges confronting our nation and the global community have only reinforced the tremendous value of the #publichealthworkforce. Join us on #PHTYD in expressing our gratitude for their dedication.
- We are all public health! Join us on #PHTYD in expressing our collective commitment to supporting the #publichealthworkforce – public health officials, epidemiologists, and many others – and their tireless efforts to protect and improve health. #PublicHealthHeroes
Click on an image to download a high-resolution version to share in your post.