Thousands of public health experts are expected to attend APHA's 2022 Annual Meeting and Expo. Journalists covering the world's largest and most influential public health meeting have access to more than 4,000 scientific papers and thousands of oral presentations. The Annual Meeting fosters discussion about individual research and the big picture of public health. It is a remarkable opportunity to meet sources, chart trends and uncover story ideas.
- Are you a journalist interested in attending the Annual Meeting, or covering research presented at the meeting? Contact Media Relations to register for the meeting as a member of the news media. Please include what outlet you plan to write for and which public health subjects you're interested in reporting on. All requests to attend the meeting as news media are subject to our news media policy.
- Want embargoed access to meeting abstracts and research? Contact Media Relations to be added to our embargoed media list or join select meeting sessions via livestream.
- All in-person attendees and media must be fully vaccinated.
Research presented at the Annual Meeting will cover:
- COVID-19 and other infectious diseases
- Racism and health
- Gun violence
- Health equity and disparities
- Women's health
- Tobacco use
- Environmental health
- Hundreds of other public health topics
Please note: All requests for media access to meeting registration, research and livestreams are subject to approval by APHA. Read our policy to see if you qualify to attend as a member of the news media. All research presented at the Annual Meeting is embargoed until 12:01 a.m. EST on the day of the presentation.
Annual Meeting Blog
Our Annual Meeting Blog covers news, announcements and meeting updates. Sign up to receive a daily email alert when new posts are published.