Speak for Health is how APHA members stand up for public health interests.
APHA believes public health professionals deserve a stronger voice in public health advocacy. Together, we can change the narrative and turn the tide.
APHA is the leading voice for public health in Washington. The policies we advance are based in science, research and member-led processes.
Join us and Speak for Health — for today and future generations.
APHA's Speak for Health campaign gives you the tools you need to talk to your members of Congress about the importance of public health.
- Meet with your members of Congress or their staff.
- Attend a public forum or town hall and ask a question. Call the district offices of your senators and representative to request a list of events near you. Review these tips for speaking at a town hall or public meeting (PDF).
- Submit an op-ed to your local paper. For a template letter or technical assistance, email us. Learn tips for writing op-eds.
- Use Facebook or Twitter to engage your members of Congress.
- Send an action alert message to your members of Congress, or call your members of Congress and use the action alert message as a phone script.
- Find out how public health funding is faring in your state with our state fact sheets.
See how APHA members are speaking for health.
Share your story: Email us. Tell us about your involvement in the Speak for Health campaign.
And share these images on social media to help us spread the word:
Speak for Health resources